Monday, January 6, 2014

Do you believe in ghosts? Part I

I recently took this picture of a mirror in our house. In fact I took several pictures, trying to capture a ghost-like face in the mirror. This is the only one, that perhaps you can see what I can...

Let me know if you can see something odd in this picture....
Since we live in a home that is over 200 years old, people ask if it is haunted- I always answer, "Not that I know of".

But several odd things have happened that I will share in some upcoming posts... Has anyone else had something strange happen in their home? Let me know!

Here's another view of the same picture- Just adjusted the definition, and added sephia color...

Wondering if adjusting the color into sephia gives a better view? The ghost like face is on the mirror, not on the wall or in the room. It's located on the left side in between the lamp and curtains. Do you see it now?



9 comments:

  1. Carrie... that's pretty awesome!! I don't believe in ghosts per say but I do believe in energy. My mother believed in ghosts. That one house I told you about, the one that was restored, had 3 unexplained fires while we lived in it and it also was destroyed by fire. Oddly enough, when we lived in it, it is also existed on a portion of a hill that use to be an old cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting Michelle. I've never thought about the "energy" aspect. Such a good way to explain it. AND yikes 3 fires unexplained- very scary....

      Delete
  2. I'll dig out the old clipping of the news article about it when it was destroyed by fire to share with you. Can you tell I love old houses? I am fascinated by the one you live in. I like homes with a history. Our house is boring, build in the 1980's with only one owner before us :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle! Yes! Please if you find the old clipping- share if you could. I too love old houses. Always wanted to purchase one for years, just took a long time to find the right one.

      Delete
  3. I can't say I believe in ghosts, but I can't say I don't believe in them either. I've never had any experience either way, but my husband and his mom are staunch believers as they feel they've had encounters before. I chalk it up to them being crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you- I can't say I do or don't believe in ghosts either. It's just sometimes something happens that can't be explained and you question the "how". Now my husband on the other hand believes in all that stuff, and scares himself silly watching TV shows about ghosts, etc.

      Delete
  4. I don't know if it's a ghost, but that first photo is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carrie,
    I saw it as soon as I looked at your first photograph ….. I see faces everywhere …. always have done. I don't know what it means but there is something. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline for visiting! Interesting you see faces everywhere- I think you meant not so much in the mirror I have pictured "but everywhere". I've heard of this before... Again thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message! I love to hear from readers!