Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's confirmed... We live in a tree house!

FIRST, I hope the New Year brings everyone much happiness and joy! Winter is here and showing it's true colors, as we've had snow, ice, cold rains, and more in the near forecast.


SECOND, we actually don't really live in a tree house, but this little green vine has made its way into our home along a crack in a floor board. Yep, one of those things that should not be too surprising in an older home...

The vine actually looks quite healthy, considering I've never had to take care of it.



NO watering, NO extra light, it just seems to be growing nicely all by it's lonesome self. My kind of plant, very self sufficient.



One of my granddaughter's periodically checks on it to make sure it hasn't been removed. AND my son-in-law suggested that it would be "nice" if it was allowed to grow along the fireplace mantel.... Hmmm.

So as you can see there are some surprises that almost any homeowner of an old home can find, at anytime.

My next post will be about a very unexpected "find" that was left by a previous owner behind the door shown below...

What's behind the door shown? It will be revealed in an upcoming post...

6 comments:

  1. Carrie, glad to see you blogging once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie! So nice to hear from you! Yes, I'm back to blogging- it's been a while. I'm off to visit your blog- Again, it's been too long!

      Delete
  2. Carrie, can you send me an offspring of that plant? We need something hearty like that in our house. That is, unless it's the latest version of the plant from Little House of Horrors. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica! You are too funny! Do you think this house may be haunted? My grand girlies certainly think so! They both swear they've seen this house featured on the TV show "The Haunted"- LOL!

      Delete
  3. You may have found the ideal houseplant. Rooted outside and requiring no food or water, yet you get to enjoy the fresh, green leaves anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber you may be right! It's my kind of gardening! Although I LOVE all things gardens, and the gardens we have here- I just can't get over those little things that have wings and buzz around when I do gardening.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a message! I love to hear from readers!